Looking for an easy side, or even something to take to a BBQ? Why not make Cole Slaw. It’s simple to make, has ingredients most people have already, and people love putting it on their hamburgers, hot dogs, and eating just as it is. Plus, you can easily make it the night before, getting one more thing out of your way.
- 1 head finely shredded cabbage
- 25 g finely diced or shredded carrots
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 70 g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 60 ml whole milk
- 120 g mayonnaise
- 60 ml buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Combine cabbage, carrots, and onion in a large bowl.
Toss all well.
Mix all the other ingredients in a separate bowl.
Pouring mixture over cabbage, mix thoroughly.
Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for 5 hours.